Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Book coming out this month

Well, finally the book about clerking a monthly meeting is ready to be released. But it looks like even I, the author, won't see it until I get to the annual Friends General Conference Gathering, which starts June 28 in Jonestown, Pennsylvania. I'll be hanging out in the FGC book store a lot and will do a little presentation there on Monday, June 30, at 3:15, telling how this book came into existence.

The book is already listed for sale through the FGC QuakerBooks catalogue and Amazon. I've already got new things to say about monthly meetings. I can't wait to hear comments on the bits that I know are controversial. And I am hoping the book will spark good ideas on this blog from other people.

Another place to share commentary is at http://quakerlists.org/quaker-mm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear All -
I'm only to page 25, and I can tell you this is a powerful book for anyone in Quakerdom who wants to know about being a Clerk, either for a committee, or for a whole Meeting, or Yearly Meeting. If you feel you don't know what you are doing as clerk, it will lift you up; if you feel you are a master clerk, it will humble you with new knowledge. And either way, you will read fascinating stories!

We all owe Elizabeth a huge debt for synthesizing the rough ore of our Quaker experience into a rare and practical treasure.

Thank you Elizabeth for all the hard work, love and vision that went into making this book a reality!

Clarke Dixon-Moses

Anonymous said...

Oh, you made my day with this comment, Clarke. Thanks for taking the time to write.